on plan with Cathay Pacific
As part of Cathay Pacific’s annual January sale (ahead of the pandemic), which sought to gain engagement from consumers and increase bookings to the airline’s expanded network of destinations, Action was tasked with devising a strategic campaign which would raise awareness of the sale among travel seekers and consumers across the UAE, and gain media interest for a pure commercial announcement.
The campaign was crafted to encourage consumers to plan and start dreaming of holiday aspirations for the year ahead. Working with Cathay Pacific’s regional team, Action created a strategic plan which utilised both traditional media relations and influencer engagement to maximise awareness.
- To encourage media engagement with the campaign, Action crafted a narrative which focused on wider key messaging, inspiring travellers to set the resolution of travelling more in 2020, and to take advantage of special fares by booking flights in advance for the year ahead.
- To support press release content and media engagement activities, Action recommended running competitions with key media, offering readers the chance to win flights to a Cathay Pacific destination.
- Action identified and secured partnerships with key micro influencers who had strong engagement rates, and worked with them to tailor content which aligned with Cathay’s messaging while remaining true to their own brand identity.
- Barter competitions were secured in Time Out Dubai and Lovin Dubai
- Earned media was secured across key trade and lifestyle
- Media titles in both Arabic and English
- 4 influencers X 4 social posts
- Total impressions: 1,086,971