showcasing Germany’s greatness at Arabian Travel Market
Action was tasked with supporting the German National Tourist Office (GNTO), the regional office of the German National Tourist Board, during its participation at Arabian Travel Market 2021, to raise the profile of the destination and its attending partners among key trade and related consumer press. However, at the time of the exhibition, travel restrictions were still in place between the GCC and Germany.
To counter the media’s sole interest in countries which were fully open to tourism, Action worked with the GNTO to devise key messaging around presenting Germany as an aspirational destination for future travel plans. The team also leveraged a press conference held in partnership with Berlin Tourismus & Kongress, with the attendance of the German Consul General in Dubai.
- Action distributed media announcements and posts ahead of the exhibition, tailored to media interest that showcased the country’s strength as a tourism destination. This was supported by the distribution of a photo caption which celebrated the attendance of the Consul General
- A total of 12 key interviews were secured with top tier media
- Action managed all media enquiries at the exhibition stand throughout the show
- 90 clippings from ATM activity
- Scoring US$289,421 in AVE Value and USD868,263 in PR value, and with a total circulation of over 60 million